Keytrends Release Notes
Here you will find all versions and its changes, including new features, fixed bugs and other improvements. Check back often, there’s something new every week! (we are not responsible for the FOMO 😁)
Keytrends latest version: v2.14
Launched on February, 12th 2024
- 🆕 Content Gap: have you created content for all subtopics or clusters of a pillar topic? Now you can check it very visually and quickly with this new feature. We sort all your general topics into keyword clusters that you have to work on in your strategy. If you have already created a content you will see the URL, but if not, you will see the keyword highlighted in orange. Next to it you will be able to check the volume data and the evolution of interest so that you can prioritise the one you are most interested in. Welcome to a 100% automated strategy 😉
- ✏️ Create AI Content from brief: that’s right, create content at the click of a button from any of your briefs. You know we give you a pre-generated one, but you can edit it by doing SEO research with the Copilot, change it completely or make it from scratch. With whatever you include, the AI will generate all the content for you. 100% faithful to your instructions for SEO-optimised content!
- We include search volume in all keyword suggestions for your keyword research.
- Upgraded the AI model to OpenAI’s GPT-4.5, the most advanced model to date.
- We are getting everything ready so that you will soon be able to talk to your data. That’s where we leave it… 🤫
- The keyword research download did not include the related researches, and the volume was in the wrong format.
Launched on January 24th, 2024
- 🆕 2 new sections in My Topics: best and worst performing topics. Best performance shows you the topics that have had the best performance from one month to the next in percentage growth with the positive monthly trend graph next to it. Worst performance is the same but for the topics with the worst (negative) performance.
- We added predefined filters in My Search Console Data: now you can also filter according to whether the content is on the 2nd page of SERPs, in Discover or in the last positions at the bottom of the first page of Google results. These are shortcuts to make your analysis faster.
- We have added new trend data in My Topics: on the one hand, new period columns that you can choose to keep or hide. With them you will see the evolution of the trend of that keyword in 90 days, 12 months, 5 years and others. On the other hand, you will have columns of percentage changes in the trend of that topic: HOH (Hour over hour change), DOD (Day over day change), WOW (Week over week change), MOM (Month over month change) and YOY (Year over year change). Leave visible the ones you are most interested in.
- No pagination in the clustering results: when very long, they created too much scrolling.
Launched on January 9th, 2024
- 🆕 New version of keyword clustering: we have incorporated a new specific language model to be able to sort all keywords semantically.
- You can now create content for a region or city to promote local SEO! When you set up the brief or a new automatic content, you will be able to choose yours so that we take into account local keywords when generating them.
- We have increased the performance of the My Topics screen so that it refreshes better and the data is always up to date.
- In keyword research, keywords were not being sorted by volume. The clustering function wasn’t getting many Adwords keywords either. Fixed everything! ✔️
- The results in the SERPs competitor table took up more space than they should have and broke the usability of the screen. We’ve adjusted it so that this doesn’t happen.
- Some data boxes in the project dashboard were not being updated. The error that caused this has been detected and fixed.
Launched on November 22nd, 2023
- Content Assistant v3 is here! 🎉 We haven’t added any new features, but using it is now much easier and more intuitive because we’ve separated tasks and differentiated them very well. For example: we distinguished between creating new content and re-optimising your existing content, and you will have a button for creating a brief and a button for generating full content. More details in the detailed release article!
- 🆕 Ask us for one-click product description packs: customised service for generating product descriptions in bulk with specialised technology for ecommerce. We train our AI to create original content, 100% plagiarism-free and with your verbal identity. Now all you have to do is fill in the Bulk product descriptions form in the Create module and we’ll get started. More information on how we do it, here.
- New period tabs in the trend lists 📈: display all keywords found for each period with just one click. You no longer have to look at the period column for each keyword, you will find them sorted in their corresponding tab.
- Improved content quality with AI: we’ve tested and incorporated improvements to the technology behind our Content Assistant to eliminate hallucinations, poor copy and other AI drawbacks (you can read more about it in our data-driven AI guide to content generation). Now, your SEO articles are better optimised, answer more user questions and are better written.
Launched on November 14th, 2023
- 🆕 New way to add topics to monitor topics and trends! Now you can search for any topic by entity and Keytrends will monitor all related keywords. Do it in the “Add an entity” tab. As always, you can also enter several topics and configure them in the “Add topics in bulk” tab.
- We improved the overall performance of the AI Content Assistant to load data and generate responses much faster.
- My Search Console Data sometimes froze the whole platform when users wanted to integrate their Google account. Solved!✔️
Launched on October 10th, 2023
- 🆕 New citation system & E-E-A-T in Copilot: we now suggest academic sources to cite in relation to the subject of an article and suggest the extract you could include.
- New trial period for new users: we give a 15-day trial period to test the platform in full, with all its functionalities and with no limit to the data displayed 🥳
- Keytrends affiliate programme now available: if you are a Keytrends user and create content for your own audience, talking about our platform finally has a reward for you: a 20% commission on the sales that come from you. Check out all the information about the programme and sign up in less than 1 minute.
- Visualise the entity of the trends detected in the listings: we have added a new column so that you can evaluate which keyword you are interested in according to the entity or main theme to which it is related.
- We optimise the buttons and actions available in each section of the tool: we eliminate what is hardly used (for example, the button to create content from “My topics”), so that it does not affect the user experience and the platform is much better understood.
- We merged the keyword lists into one: now, for both real and non-realtime you will find all your new content topics in a single list that we have called “Trends“. As for the rest, nothing changes. You will still have to enter your topics to monitor in “My topics“.
- Removed the Google Search Console alert message that popped up outside the project.
Launched on October 4th, 2023
- Design and formatting of some copies of the application to make them more intelligible and easier to read.
- Implemented a new communication system with the OpenAI API to make Keychat faster and less error-prone.
- Fixed bug when adding sitemap ✔️
- Detected and corrected clustering errors in the Top & Growing keywords.
- Revised user roles and their actions to allow administrators to always create new projects.
Released on September 14th, 2023
- New Optimizer function 🎉: one more step in the optimisation of your content for SEO thanks to this new feature that allows you to dump all the text of an article you have already published to improve it with the help of Copilot and AI. You can access it from your keyword listings, both real and non-real-time, and it will soon be available in Search Console. Read more about it in our article about the new Keytrends version 2.6.
- New onboarding with automatic suggested content: our onboarding was born with v2.0 to help users get started with the tool. Now we not only select the growing keywords to start working on the strategy, but we also create AI content instantly for each one. It will be accessible from the “View an AI sample content” button.
- New Recommended content section in dashboard: this new block in your project dashboard was also created to help you speed up the daily work of your strategy and to let you know at a glance which are the top 10 keywords in growth (trends) of the day. We select them according to their growth, which you can also see. Includes button to access directly to the content editor 📃
- New help section and tour mode: for both new and existing users, we have added a tab with frequently asked questions and a new tutorial mode that takes you on a tour of the platform explaining the most important things in very short and concise pop-up text messages.
- New actions from the clustered view: within this view of any entities & keyword research three actions can be performed. Optimise an existing URL or a URL of your choice, create a new brief or create new content. The features can be accessed by clicking on the respective icon.
- New document type column in the Publishers Panel: you will now see a “New” or “Optimised” label in this new column that we have created depending on whether the document is new or if you have already optimised it.
- New aesthetics of the project screen: we implemented our new branding on this screen and made it more intuitive with a cleaner and more visible add new project button and search bar.
- New aesthetics of added topics in the Dashboard: we also changed the section of your home panel where we give you a summary of the number of topics you have added. We modified the button so that you can add new topics.
- Data update when changing project: we detected that when entering another project the data of the Google tool was not loaded, and that the same thing was happening in other Keytrends functions. You can now switch projects and view your data from anywhere ✔️
- Missing fields in the content created by the AI: when creating content from the new Recommended content block, the AI did not fill in all the fields, now it generates complete articles without leaving anything out 😉.
- The briefing sent by post to editors arrives incomplete: in some cases we found that the briefing sent to the editor was missing data. We found the error in the transmission of the information and it has been solved.
- Unselect URL in Optimizer: this action could not be done when implementing this new feature. We tweaked it and everything works 👌.
Released on July 14th, 2023
- Invite others to use Keytrends: click on the button at the top right, enter their email addresses and click send. Your contacts will receive an e-mail from us inviting them to register.
- Users with editor role do not see data: fixed ✔️
- Data for keywords with special characters not available: Copilot was failing to detect both the volume and suggestions for these types of words.
- System stability: eliminated fail to fetch error and improved tool performance.
Released on July 7th, 2023
- Keyword research history: we have added volume and trend graphs for each keyword of your saved research so that you can consult the evolution if you need to.
- Regenerate content in 1 click: not convinced by the AI-generated content for some parts of your article? Now you have a button to generate it (“Rerun”) and get a new version. You will see it next to each component (title, description, headings, related questions, etc).
- Adjustments in the AI parameters: tweaked to offer more detailed texts, with a more natural language and a longer length.
- Daily trend data: knowing how trends evolve day by day is crucial to decide what content to create, so in addition to the trend graph that you have always been able to see in your added topics, now you will see the numerical data of the popularity for the current day. Just hover your mouse over the line to see it 🎉
- New tooltips: a while ago we added tooltips throughout the suite to guide you through each function. A few more have been added for the improvements and new actions that have been added.
- Keychat Prompts: these have been refined to provide better results. In addition, we have implemented the Turbo 16K version of ChatGPT to make our chat faster and more accurate.
- Size of the content editor: we detected that the page was growing too much depending on the spaces in the content, so we have modified it so that it is always a little more compact and you don’t have to scroll infinitely ✔️
- My Search Console Data filter inoperative: detected and fixed!
- Links to bibliographic references: they were cut off (no more 😉)
- Keyword research exchanged: in some accounts the saved research data was exchanged.
- Error when fetching data from SERP entities and images: when switching from one data to another, the results did not change. An error has been detected when bringing the respective data, already solved ✅.
Released on June 19th, 2023
- View button in the AI content of the Copilot: we have added a button to see the detail of the contents generated by the AI section by section (title, description, related questions, competitors’ headings…) so that if you want to see them you don’t have to look for them in the sheet.
- Copy button in the detail of the content generated by the AI: once you enter the detail of each type of content generated, you can click on a button to copy it and move it to another place if you wish. For example, to a text editing programme or directly to your CMS to edit and publish the content.
- Tooltips throughout the suite: to help you find your way around the tool, you’ll find tooltips on all buttons, columns and icons.
- Keyword research history in the Dashboard: the dashboard now includes the latest keyword research done to give you a broader overview of your tasks.
- Safari browser login fails: fixed ✔️
Released on June 9th, 2023
- New redesigned AI Content Assistant 🎉: we have improved our assistant with all your comments. There is now much more space to drag and drop research data, write and review content. Research is now done with the new Copilot, where you can select the data to review and drag it onto the sheet. To create the content you now have two options: you can assemble the briefing and write it yourself with the help of the text templates, or you can ask the AI to do the research and write the entire article itself. More details in the article on this new version of the tool!
- Settings screen redesigned: now you can see all your projects, their members and your organisation’s data at a glance on a single screen.
- Contents sorted by date on the Publishers Panel: now you will find your saved posts and keywords in descending order: from newest to oldest.
- The screen enlarges when a very long keyword appears: solved ✔️
Released on May 12th, 2023
- New dashboard! Here you will have an overview of your added topics, your planned content and its progress, the alerts you have activated and much more! The first thing you need to check every day to start your content journey. More details in the article on this new version of the tool! 📃
- New country regions added.
- New content actions on every list of topics and keywords: find a new button for creating a new content and another to save a new keyword. They will display with a green check when you have performed the action.
- Same entities for SERPS & Top Stories: this happened in the Entities & keyword research tool and it has been solved ✔️
Released on April 27th, 2023
- New Onboarding for new users: we have built a new Sign up screen so you can tell us more about your business and suggest a content strategy to start using Keytrends.
- New Alerts Panel: alerts were something you were waiting for a long time. Finally you can activate them for the topics in real time for which you want to know about new user queries as soon as we detect them. You will see them in this new panel and you will be able to add e-mails to receive alerts in your inbox 📧
- Our suite has a new look: new colours and new fonts to make it more attractive (and accessible).
More details in the article on this new version of the tool!
- Responsiveness of the app improved.
- Copy button added in the Keychat so you can move your answers wherever you want.
- Increased trends loading speed in the onboarding.
- Cannibalisation checking: now posible from the detected alerts.
- Google Search Console connection doesn’t work in some cases: fixed ✔️
- Delete buttons on some features: they were not working on Keyword research historic and in the Alerts panel. Now solved.